Thursday 26 September 2013

How to look like you haven''t just rolled out of bed.


Hey Guys!

How are you?

I've just entered my first week of the two weeks I have of school holidays before I start grade 12!
It's all extremely exciting but there is one thing little problem I have...
After a long night of studying or revising I usually wake up... Lets just say, it isn't something you would want to see. So if you are similar to me and your in high school, on a budget and struggling to look AWAKE, here are a few of my own personal make-up 'Look Awake' products.

Before I get into makeup I just wanted to add a little sidenote. 'Please, PLEASE PLEASE!! Always cleanse, tone, exfoliate and moisturiser. Also, never, ever forget to make sure you have an SPF, especially if you live in Australia like I do and it is beginning to get extremely warm as we head into summer. (let me know if you want a skincare post????)




The first product you are going to need which is more than obvious because of it's name, the lovely 'Wake me up' foundation from Rimmel, it has an anti-fatigue effect + radiant glow. Oh, and I give it an A+ because of its SPF of 15. The only problem I have with this foundation is that for people with oily skin that also has quite a lot of pimples may not like this foundation as it definitely has shimmer in it, BUT since this isn't a post about makeup for people with oily skin this foundation is perfect for anyone whose skin looks a little down. It s definitely a thicker, more creamy foundation than some liquids I have tried.













The shade I have is 100 Ivory, I also find that this foundation is perfect for anyone new to foundation as by just using a little bit can be quite sheer, it's cheap and plenty of shades.



My next product that is a new favourite is this BYS blush, it is a really lovely coral/peachy toned blush, but also since it isn't an expensive brand the colour pigmentation isn't amazing, but used lightly is a great glow for the cheeks.





(What's on my nails? Click here)




The next product is literally amazing, it is the Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeshadow stick in
 001 Witness White, this product is literally amazing as an inner corner highlight. If you are going to use it as an eye shadow base make sure to only apply it where you want and blend quick as once these set they will NOT budge!


Overall, a great product and amazing pigmentation.
The next product is just a mascara as we all know that by curling our lashes and adding a coat of mascara = instantly awake.
Also, I think an amazing product that everyone needs to cover their under eye circles or bags is a concealer.
Click here to see the Rimmel Wake me up concealer
For a more matte concealer try the Maybelline 'FIT ME' concealer.

As you may have noticed by now, all of these products are quite shimmering and glittery, which may no be your thing. You also, most definitely don't have to use all these products just one by itself will do the job!




Let me know below what your 'wake me up' product is.




Keep your eyes peeled for next weeks blog post! It'll be about a cheap eye shadow palette that adds shimmer and also adds to the ÁWAKE' effect, just in time for everyone in Australia that is getting ready for their final term of school for the year.





xxx
Tasma











6 comments:

  1. That blush is gorgeous! BYS have some pretty decent stuff, surprisingly.

    Also the foundation looks good, everyone seems to rave about it. I was keen to try it out but the shade range is fairly limited. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yes, it is quite surprising!

      I totally agree with that, I didn't really think it would be my type if foundation but it wasn't as sheer as I though and it seems to adjust to your skin tone.

      xx

      Delete
  2. Great swatches Tasma, I love Rimmel makeup! I totally agree with you about taking care of the skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yes, definitely the most important thing! xx

      Delete
  3. I've heard great things about this and when my Bourjois foundation runs out I might try this instead. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend that you do, I am yet to meet somebody who isn't a fan of it! Xx

      Delete